So you’re a PTO Tri Club member. Now what? If you’re looking for things to do to get involved, here are a few good ideas that members should think about doing.
- Subscribe to the newsletter (if you’re not already getting the club emails.
- Show up at club training sessions and club events.
- Race. Use the club discounts for race entries, and write a race report for this website!
- Follow the club on Facebook and Twitter for updates.
- Join the discussion on the club Facebook forum to interact with other members.
- Compete alongside other members by joining the club’s Strava, GarminConnect, and MapMyFitness groups.
- Take a club leadership role to help plan club events and activities.
- Volunteer at events, whether they’re triathlons, swim meets, gran fondos, or marathons.
- Represent the club by wearing club apparel.
- Register for a USA Triathlon annual membership, and designate PTO Tri Club as your local club.
All of these are optional. But if you want to be the best PTO Tri Club member ever, it’s in your best interest to fulfill these 10 club commandments.